Do-It-Yourself Guides on How To Install Satellite TV Dish And Receiver
Before I dwell into the today’s tutorial on how to install satellite tv dish and receiver by now you should be able to know what is satellite tv is all about from my previous tutorial here, many people have interest to know how to install satellite tv dish and receiver but don’t know where to get started or get proper knowledge on how to install satellite tv and receiver and here is the opportunity for you just follow me in this tutorial.
Many people out there that become satellite tv installer nowadays doesn’t serve apprenticeship or learn from any body on how to install satellite tv dish and receiver rather than start reading from website and seek advice or support from online friend or social media irrespective your nature of business you can still become an professional satellite tv installer.
Tools Needed For Satellite tv Dish Installation
Here are the lists of compulsory tools needed for the installation of satellite tv dish as follows:
- A Digital Satellite Tv Finder (recommend) or analog Satellite tv finder
- A Drilling Machine with different sizes of bots and nuts tools
- Screw Driver
- Spanner (different sizes)
- Iron bar (used to remove nail from the wall)
- A Satellite tv dish minimum of 60cm with complete accessories
- A Digital Satellite Tv Receiver
- Low Noise Blockedown (LNB) converter
- A Coaxial Cable
- AV/HDMI output Cord
Let me proceed by explaining the stated components above so that the tutorial will be of benefits to our reader most especially layman
Satellite TV Dish
Satellite tv dish is a parabolic surface usually in round form and the main function of dish to receive the transmitted signal by the satellite tv service provider such as directv or dstv and satellite tv dish usually connected to the satellite tv receiver through coaxial cable and typical example of satellite tv dish as shown below.
Digital Satellite Tv Receiver
A digital satellite tv receiver is a device used to receive signal from the satellite tv dish connected through coaxial cable, the signal can be encrypt by the service provider to prevent unauthorized view and available as free-to-air service channels to their viewers and example of satellite tv receiver as shown below.
Low Noise Blockedown (LNB)
Low Noise Blocked Converter called LNB, A hardware attached to the satellite tv dish and block the low frequency whenever there’s high frequency signal. It enable both the satellite tv dish and receiver to detect the signal available in any position, If the LNB is faulty both the dish and satellite tv receiver won’t work perfectly. example of LNB as shown below
This is a cord or a wire connected to the LNB on a satellite tv dish to the receiver and it is usually in black or white color. Example of coaxial cable shown below
F-Connector have a nut head painted with silver and the function of F-Connector gripped the wire firmly and tied the nut to the LNB or receiver as shown below:
This cable usually come along when you buy new receiver connected to tv and receiver and example of HDMI/AV shown below
Let’s proceeds to the next step i.e how to install satellite tv dish and receiver after you have familiar with some components as stated.
Note: Selecting dish location is crucial to make dish installation easier you need to choose a place very close to signal location and the dish needs to be free from obstacles such as house, trees and so on.
- How To Increase Satellite Signal By 10-15% On KU/C-Band Dish
- How To Choose The Best C-Band LNB For Weak Signals
- Satellite TV Guide (An Introduction) & How Satellite TV Work?
- How To Install Satellite TV Dish And Receiver
- Satellite Dish Not Working: Why And How To Fix The Problems
- How To Adjust DStv/DirecTV Satellite Dish To Get Better Signal
How To Install Satellite Dish And Receiver
- Assembling of satellite tv dish.
- Attach LNB to the dish.
- Mount of the satellite tv base to the wall using nail or screw with the help of drilling machine.
- Use Plumb to check the balance of the base before finally screwed.
- Fix the the dish the base with partial screwed on the neck of dish.
- Fix the F-connector to the both end of the coaxial cable.
- Connect the coaxial cable to the LNB and the Digital or Analog Satfinder.
- Set Frequency, Polarization and Symbol rate.
- Track dish towards the location of the satellite provider either East or West.
- Once you hit signal, Tight the nut hold the neck of the dish and the inclination very well to avoid loss of signal.
- Then Proceeds to scan and change the scan mode/scan type to “Blind Scan” and press ok to start scanning.
- After successful scanning, press exit to the screen and start watching your favorite channels.
This is the best way to learn how to install satellite tv dish and receiver and if you face any difficulty during the installation of dish feel free to leave comment below or use our site contact form to reach and usually response take less than 24hours and If you like this tutorial please share it with your friends, family and also share across social media thanks and see you in the next episode.