Ads.txt.file or earning error message appear on the top of your Google Adsense Account. Indicating that one or two of your website does not have an Ads.txt file. In this tutorial, I will teach you how to fix the error in wordpress and blogger. Also I will also give you proper guides on how to create and updates Ads.txt file and fix earnings at risk error in Google Adsense Account.
What is Ads.txt File?
It enable the website publishers to determine and declare who can advertise on their website. It is regarded as non-profit and an initiative created by IAB Tech Lab, aimed to improving digital market and advertising standard.
Ads.txt file is fully implemented, authorized and compulsory for all Google Adsense Publishers. It enable the Google Adsense publishers to optimize their website by receiving more advertiser and earnings. It allows the publisher to sell their inventory and serves as authorized publisher.
Other digital advertising aside Google Adsense e.g Doubleclick and Ad Exchange makes use of Ads.txt file for the buyer to identify the fake inventory.
Why Do I Need An Ads.txt File?
It enable the publishers to create and updates their own Ads.txt file to identify who is allowed to sell their inventory. Ad Manger platform allows the publisher to generate contents for Ads.txt file. However it is recommend for every publisher and advertiser.
Honestly, fake clicks, impression and other caused millions of dollars to both online publisher and advertiser every year. Simply because there are bad software or programs out there created to generate clicks and impression automatically. And that’s why Google Adsense disable any account to earn legit to protect their advertiser.
How Does It Works?
As a advertiser and someone or publisher contact you and tell you that they can display your ads on a particular website, then the first that needs to come to your mind is to verify that website’s Ads.txt file. From there you will be able to know if You are dealing with the right publisher, This will also tells you that there is vacancy for you to display ads on that particular website.
The format look like this google.com, pub-96xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Direct, f08c47fec0942fa0. It features with four fields separated with comma. The first field belongs the domain of the company permitted to sell or resell your ads inventory. While second field has to do with the publisher ID provided by the advertising company. The third field describe the relationship in between e.g Direct or Reseller. And the last field belongs to advertising platform ID. Just like Google with constant unique ID.
How To Create And Updates Ads.txt File In WordPress
If you’re so weak or quick set up then I will recommend you to download, install and activate WP Quads plugin. Then proceeds to installation and activation steps:
- Firstly, log in to your wp-admin to access WordPress dashboard
- Scroll down to “Plugins“
- Navigates to “Add New“
- Click on “Upload Plugin“
- Click on “Browse” to select downloaded plugins
- Tap on “Install” and wait for few seconds to complete uploading and installation
- Then Click on “Activate”
- Then scroll down and click on “WP QUADS”
- Scroll down to “Ads.txt – Automatic Creation” section
- Tick create an ads.txt file and click on “Save Changes”
Alternative Method To Create And Updates The Error Using Ads.txt Manager Plugin
- From WordPress Admin dashboard
- Scroll down and click on “Plugins“
- Enter “Ads.txt Manager” on Search option at the right hand side
- Click on “Install” and wait for few seconds to complete Installation
- Click on “Activate“
- Now Scroll down and navigate to “Settings“, Then Click on “Ads.txt“
- A text editor page will appear and the Enter this parameters: “google.com, pub-96xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Direct, f08c47fec0942fa0” remove the quote.
- Click on “Save changes“.
These are the best two ways to create and updates Ads.txt file on WordPress. Let’s move to the steps involves for Blogger.
How To Add And Mange Ads.txt File On Blogger
- Login to your Blogger.
- At the top left corner, Click on the “down arrow“.
- Click and Select the blog you want to create an Ads.txt file on.
- Click “Settings” at the top left corner.
- Tap on “Search Preference“.
- While navigate on “Monetization” Look for “Ads.txt” and click on “Edit“.
- Click on “Yes“.
- Copy the lines usually found : https://publishers.yourblogerurl/members/new provided and paste into the text box.
- Click on “Save Settings“.
- To Verify whether you add or create and updates Ads.txt file correctly, simply visits https://yourblogaddress/ads.txt.
Note: It usually takes Google less than 24 hours to validate error and fixing . And Sometimes it may takes more than next TV
How To Fix Earnings At Risk Error In Google Adsense
If this warning message “Earnings At Risk Error” appear at the top of your Google Adsense Account like this saying:
Earnings at risk- One or more of your ads.txt files doesn’t contain your Adsense publisher ID. Fix this now to avoid severe impact to your revenue.
The above error message indicating that the Publisher ID is missing on the Ads.txt file. You can fix this error message by using Ads.txt Manager Plugin, Simply go to “Settings“, navigate and click on “Ads.txt” text editor, Then verify and make sure that the publisher ID is correct and click on “Save Changes“.
Alternatively, You can use Textedit on any Mac computer or MacOS devices to create the file and upload to the root file of your website via hosting panel or plugins.
Third-Party Websites To Learn More About This Error:
If you find this article or tutorial, don’t forget to share with your friends, loves one and across social media. And if you face any challenges on how to create and updates Ads.txt file in wordpress or blogger or to fix earnings at risk on your Google Adsense account, Feel free to leave comment and We’ll try our level best to responds to your queries. Thanks……..