Hi guys, Today I’m gonna teach you how to fix satellite dish signal when it says no signal, Some time you may be experience little freezing in pictures or no or bad signal. You can also do it by yourself which can save you some money to pay for satellite tv installer or technician. Believe me, irrespective satellite tv package you are using whether it is DirecTV Or Dish Network Or DStv. The following guidelines needs to be adopted on how to fix satellite dish signal when it lost signal.
Troubleshooting of Satellite Receiver & Cable
Whenever you lost signal on your satellite dish, The first that come to your mind is to verify from your neighbor if that particular channels doesn’t OFF temporarily as a result of technical maintenance upgrade. As usually happened to TStv.
Secondly, You can also check coaxial cable if it still intact. You have to trace the cable from dish to the receiver ensures that there’s no breakage. Also check the F-connector hold the coaxial cable together at both end.
In rare cases, Lightening and thunder can also cause lost of signal or weak signal. After the lightening, thunder always accompany it, So if you experiencing lost of signal or lost of signal on some channels while others are sill working then the decoder or receiver might develop tuner fault or LNB itself. To fix satellite dish signal you have ensure that the coaxial and F-connector were tightly connected. Always Power Off when there’s raining and it may also needs to reboot or do factory reset to work properly. some rules are available for american for installing Consumer-owned antennas and satellites dishes.
How To Fix Satellite Dish Signal: Adjust Or Re-align Satellite Dish
After you have troubleshoot your receiver, Then your satellite dish may need to adjust or re-align, simply because the base and elevation might be shift. To fix satellite dish signal in this situation, You have to get some equipment or tools ready before climb the ladder.
Requirement Tools or Equipment
- `A ladder with adequate height to reach satellite dish
- Crescent wrench of different size depending on the size of the satellite dish
- A compass
- A digital receiver or decoder
- Signal meter or signal finder
If you experiencing No or bad signal, Weak signal or searching for signal message appeared on your TV Screen. I would suggest you to remove the power cord from either Dish Network or DirecTV Network or DStv receiver for few seconds. If the message still appear on your TV Screen or signal problem still persists. Then you needs to re-align or adjust your satellite dish by adjusting the elevation and azimuth settings.
- How To Fix Satellite Dish Signal When It Says No Signal?
- Satellite Dish Not Working: Why And How To Fix The Problems
- How To Install Satellite TV Dish And Receiver
- Satellite TV Guide (An Introduction) & How Satellite TV Work?
How To Adjust or Re-align A Satellite Dish Signal
To fix satellite dish signal by adjusting or re-align dish, You need to use signal meter to monitoring the signal and here are steps on how to use signal meter or satfinder:
- Press Menu
- Select Installation and press ok
- Choose the appropriates satellite
- Enter the transponder/frequency or choose the right transponder from the list
There are stages involves in aligning or adjust your dish which as follows:
- Check the mast and make sure it is level
- Adjust the azimuth or rotational of the satellite dish
- Adjust the elevation of the satellite dish
Precautions And Tips
- Ensures that the dish is well placed on the level surface to prevent failing.
- Ensures that the dish is hold firmly to avoid damage to your finger and body as whole.
- Gently remove the dish if needed and gently re-mount without causing harm to the satellite dish.
- Tighten the sleeve nuts both on elevation and azimuth, but still movable for easy installation.
How To Adjust The Elevation And Azimuth Of The Satellite Dish
To help the layman, Elevation refers to as the movement of the vertically(up and down) towards a particular satellite angle degree. To fix or adjust the elevation or Inclination of your satellite dish, you need to do the following:
- Use compass to determine the East and West position.
- Mount the dish to a place where it is totally free from obstructions and ensures that it levels with the ground perpendicular to 90 degree.
- Loosen the elevation bolts and sleeve nuts a tittle bit but not totally and make sure that the dish is still movable.
- Start moving your dish up and down/left to right slowly while watching the signal finder to point out the signal point until highest signal is achieved.
- Tighten the elevation bolts and sleeve nuts completely to avoid loss of signal.
LNB Adjustement Or Placement
LNB placement can also cause lost of signal simply because the focal length is not accurate. Sometime due to transponder switches (change from one frequency to another) you would need to adjust the LNB either twist from up or down. The issue of focal length usually occur in wide band dish you can learn how to calculate focal length. Later you realized that the LNB is completely damage, I will recommend to change the LNB with low noise figure 0.2db. Even if you have never try to install satellite dish by yourself you can start today with this tutorials.
If you find this post informative don’t forget to share with your friends and family or share across social media. If you have any suggestions for us don’t forget to contact us.